Acceptable Use Policy
Welcome to Envato’s Acceptable Use Policy
- Hi, we’re Envato and welcome to our acceptable use policy. This policy sets out what you can and cannot use our sites and products for.
- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Envato’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Hosted and other Envato products. If we say ‘policy’ we’re talking about this acceptable use policy. If we say ‘user terms’ we’re talking about the rules for using any of the Envato products and services. Take the time to read this policy because it forms a part of the user terms for each of the Envato products. By using any of our sites, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy we won’t take it personally, but please do not use Envato.
So what’s not acceptable use?
- It’s NOT OKAY to use Envato or any of our sites or products to submit, post, build, host or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third party websites) or promote any of the following content:
- Adult content: This includes images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity, or any commercial activity linked to making money from adult content such as escort agencies.
- Exploitation of children: This includes images or videos depicting children in a way that encourages or promotes attraction towards children.
- Hate speech: This includes content that supports or condones violence or discrimination against individuals based on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Incitement of violence: This includes content that threatens, or that is intended to incite, violence against an individual or group of individuals.
- Harassment: This includes any form of harassment or bullying against an individual or group of individuals.
- Defamation: This includes any untruthful comments about a person that has the tendency to lower their estimation in the eyes of others.
- Copyright and third party intellectual property: Using the Envato Elements, products or service in violation of the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others is NOT cool, and is illegal, so please don’t do that.
- Offensive content: This includes content that would cause offence to a reasonable person, including content that is posted for ‘shock value’.
- Fraudulent, misleading or deceptive conduct: This includes making statements about your own products or services that are not accurate or impersonating others.
- It’s also NOT OKAY to use Envato or any of our sites or products to submit, post, build, host or otherwise make available any content that may contain, provide access to (eg, through links to third party websites) or promote any of the following activities:
- Supply of regulated goods and services: This includes the supply of alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, supplements, fireworks, weapons, gambling or adult escort services.
- Illegal activities: This seems like a no brainer but using Envato, products or services for any dangerous or illegal content or other purposes is NOT acceptable. You should always ensure you’re aware and comply with any applicable laws in Australia, USA or other jurisdictions you are located in or doing business in.
- Illegal activities which cause harm to Envato products or services or brand or others: Unacceptable content or links which might cause harm to the Envato products or services or brand or others is definitely NOT OKAY with us. This includes pirated software, programs or archives that provide the functionality to gain unauthorised access to other systems or networks of any kind, Warez sites, files or web pages that contain viruses, trojans, malware or other applications designed to access a user’s equipment or information with illegal intentions and/or without the knowledge of the user.
How can I report any abuse or offensive content?
- Reporting abuse: Please report suspected policy violations to us using the ‘Report Abuse’ by emailing us
What Action Might We Take If A User Has Breached This Policy?
- We will try and ensure fair outcomes for any content or use we deem as NOT acceptable. If you’re not sure whether your content or intended use of our services is acceptable then please contact us to discuss.
- If you have breached this acceptable use policy then we may, in our absolute discretion and without notice:
- request that you immediately remove the content which we view is NOT acceptable;
- immediately suspend or terminate any accounts you have with any of the Envato businesses;
- immediately stop providing you with the services, including hosting your website;
- in serious cases such as those involving the abuse of children, or other illegal activity, report you to the appropriate authorities.
How can you contact us?
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at Report Abuse in writing at PO Box 16122 Collins Street West Victoria 8007 Australia
- We’re really glad you made it to the end of the acceptable use policy, because knowing this stuff is the best way to understand how you can use Envato products and services